16501 Ventura Blvd., Suite 400 Encino, CA 91436

The P visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals to enter the U.S. temporarily to perform at a specific event as an athlete, artist or entertainer, individually or as part of a group or team, at an internationally recognized level of performance.

The P Visa consists of four classifications, namely, P-1 (Internationally Recognized Athletes/Entertainers), P-2 (Artists/Entertainers under Reciprocal Exchange Program), P-3 (Culturally Unique Performance), P-4 (Spouse and Unmarried Minor Children of the P Visa Holder).

Specifically, the P Visas are classified as follows:

- P-1 Visa Internationally Recognized Athletes/Entertainers – To perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete or as a member of an entertainment group. Requires an internationally recognized level of sustained performance. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.
- P-2 Artist or Entertainer under Reciprocal Exchange Program – For performance under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.

- P-3 Culturally Unique Performance -For practical training and employment and for sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of your home country through participation in an international cultural exchange program.
- P-4 Spouse and Minor Unmarried Children – Reserved for the spouse and minor unmarried children of the principal P visa holder. The spouse or children are not employment authorized but may attend school or college. The P Visa holder may work for multiple employers however, each employer must file a separate Form I-129 in support of their intention to employ the P Visa holder. As for the duration of stay, the P Visa may be allowed to stay in the U.S. for up to five (5) years with an option to extend not to exceed a total stay of ten (10) years.

**Please call our office for immediate assistance on your visa requirements.

Best immigration lawyers

Need help?
Fill out the form and we will contact you to answer your questions for free