16501 Ventura Blvd., Suite 400 Encino, CA 91436

Green Card Renewal & Replacement

A Permanent Resident Card (commonly referred to as “green card”) is the evidence of your status as a lawful permanent resident with a right to live and work permanently in the United States.

A Permanent Resident Card is valid for a period of ten years and can be renewed provided that the alien did not commit any serious crimes in the past.

A person granted conditional resident status who is nearing the end of the 2-year validity of his or her status must file a different application with the USCIS called Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence or Form I-751. For further information on this type of petition, please contact our office for consultation.

Lawful permanent residents who were issued a Permanent Resident Card with a ten-year expiration date on the front of the card and the card is either expired or will expire within the next 6 months may submit their Form I-90 to the appropriate USCIS office.

Your permanent resident card needs to be replaced if: (1) your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated, or destroyed; (2) your card was issued to you before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday; (3) you have been a commuter and are now taking up actual residence in the United States; (4) you have been a permanent resident residing in the United States and are now taking up commuter status; (5) your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident status; (6) you have a previous version of the green card called alien registration card (USCIS form AR-3, form AR-103, or form I-151 – they are no longer valid to prove your immigration status) and must replace it with the current permanent resident card form I-551; (7) your card contains incorrect data; (8) your name or other biographic information on the card has been legally changed since you last received your card; and, (9) you never received the previous permanent resident card that was issued to you by the USCIS.

**Please call our office for immediate assistance on your visa requirements.

Best immigration lawyers

Need help?
Fill out the form and we will contact you to answer your questions for free